Thursday, April 15, 2010

Response to Anna's meal blog

Anna's meal looked delicious! Anna made Chicken Eggplant stir-fry with rice for her family. Her meal seemed very healthy and used lots of yummy sounding ingredients. I also thought she did a really great job describing the process of how to prepare and clean up after her meal.
I also agree with Anna's view on Pollan's book, pages 54-55. I believe Americans do enjoy eating, that's why we do it so much. I feel like he exaggerates the lengths American's go to to avoid products that aren't good for them. In her blog post, it appears Anna had plenty of time to sit down and eat with her family. I envy her awesome meal at home and also support her opinion on Pollan's book.

The article Home Cooked Meals are Becoming a Thing of the Past in the USA by Lance Gay discusses the decline of family meals prepared at home in the United States. It goes against what Anna's blog said as well as a few of the other blogs I have read from our class where people eat with their families. I eat with my family every night when I'm at home and my mom prepares a home cooked meal every night. I believe that not everyones eating habits or meal consumption can be lumped into one generalization.

No comments:

Post a Comment